11.17.2011

Bathroom and Bedroom Renovation Update

Well, It's certainly been a long time since I updated! SHAME! I'll start by saying I have a completely legitimate reason as to why I haven't updated. Actually, I have more than one legitimate reason. 1. I have had tests this week and 2. I have been in the middle of some SERIOUS bathroom and kitchen renovation! Okay, so it's not really serious... Not yet anyway! But I thought I would share some progress with you!

*



First, we decided to paint our bedroom. It was an ugly flat two tone khaki and hunter green. YUCK! After 2 years of living here, I drug out my famous paint color and smeared it on the walls.

Before...

After!

BTW - I am in LOVE with my paint color. I mixed it using an old Duron paint color as my inspiration. This paint color is amazing. It goes with EVERYTHING (except pink and purple). I love how in some lights, it looks more wheatish and in other lights, it looks tan or khaki. A MUST for anyone. I put it in every single room of our house, except our kitchen and bathrooms.

While I had the paint out, I decided to paint my bathroom cabinets:

Guest Bathroom Before...

And AFTER!
I just used the same color I bought for my trim, which is like a creamy white. I didn't want solid white cabinets or trim. Please disregard the ugly yellow paint on the walls...

Master Bathroom Before:

And AFTER!
See how much better that looks? I am not an orange wood kind of girl. 

Then, I decided to take out our old 4 post bed because it was making the room seem really small. Doesn't it just look better? That zebra pillow doesn't belong on the bed, but I needed a place to put it while I cleaned up! Too many pillows?

*
There is still LOTS to on my To Do list for the remodel:
1. I'm painting my countertops (kitchen and bathroom) with a granite kit
2. Adding a subway tile backsplash to kitchen
3. Painting my bathroom walls. 
4. New lights for all three rooms I just remodeled. 
5. And just random decorating. 


*

Next year, we will be putting this house up on the market and building a new one. I have loved living in this house and getting to experience home ownership for the first time, but now I think it's time to move on. I watched this house go from EW to OH and it was very empowering to know it was all DIY! SPEAKING OF HOUSE STUFF, I have some goodies for everyone. I am sharing my Chili Recipe plus some house cleaning tips! Happy house cleaning! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!