11.09.2011

What started off as a bad day...

...Quickly turned into a GREAT day! I got a spiffy little email from Best Buy saying that my lens was in... 11 DAYS EARLY!! I couldn't be more excited. I love this little nifty fifty. It's a prime lens, so that  means I will be walking close/farther away if I want to "zoom". But I'm very much OK with it, because this thing takes some purty pictures :-)


So, I lower the saturation tinsy bit, but the clarity and the bokeh? Straight from the lens. I'm VERY impressed with it. Now, I just need some better subject matter. What do you think?

*
Speaking of opinions, I was able to play around with Adobe Lightroom a little bit. It always thought most photographers used Adobe Photoshop.. but now I think I *could* have been wrong. Just look at this difference! I swear, even a little bit of Light Room and Photo Shop can make a good picture look GREAT!


*
So, now on to the most exciting part of my day! I have had the best idea ever (though not entirely original) to make everyone a homemade Christmas ornament as my gift this year. I simply cannot afford a gift for everyone, and I really want to get EVERYONE something.. So this was the only solution. I'm not going to give anything away, but I will say this. I can only thank PINTEREST for the wonderful inspiration to make these. I wanted something fun and original to me, but I found so many wonderful ideas! So I combined my favorite things and came up with a totally original idea :-) I will post a complete tutorial WITH PICS.. but I want my friends to receive them first... Don't want to spoil it! I'll end this post with some teaser pictures. ENJOY! :-)

*





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic!! I can't wait to see more from your new lens! :D I also can't wait to see my Christmas present! :D Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I need to work on those! I already have yours cut out, just need to finish! :3

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice!