12.01.2011

Photography Announcement!

So, I've been working on my editing in Light Room and I think I have a few potential photo shoots coming up! I know I'm going to be shooting a sweet winter engagement photo session with my friends Heather and Robin, and POSSIBLY some Maternity and Newborn sessions as well! I have officially decided to get more serious about photography... I hope I don't fail! ;-)

Here's the doberman (from that same photo shoot, since I haven't done any new ones)


I tried several times to achieve a GOOD B&W in Light Room. Let's face it. Just basic black and white really looks terrible! Wanna know what I did to this image? In light room, I first made it Black and White. Then, I upped the brightness and contrast and finally upped the blacks. I've found that just playing around with these little settings makes the WORLD of difference! I downloaded a few "presets" for Light Room, but didn't like any of them. I found it's MUCH easier just to manually adjust the settings.

Speaking of manual, I'm getting a lot better at my manual settings on my camera. This 50mm lens has made me a much better photographer. I'm jonesing for another one. I think I'm going to go with the 35mm f/1.4, but that's too expensive, so I might just get the 1.8.. not sure yet!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend! :-) Christmas is coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!