12.01.2011

Box of Fun and Christmas


So, I've been trying to get into the spirit of Christmas since the day after Thanksgiving. Per tradition, I'm supposed to put my tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but so far, nearly a week has passed and the spot where my tree would be is empty still. I'm just not feeling Christmas this year. Maybe it's the fact that once again, I'm empty handed for Christmas. I will be making treats as my Christmas present, but I'm not happy about that. The gifts I was making got eaten by a certain doberman monster. *sigh*. I hate being broke on Christmas. I hate hate HATE it! I know "it's the thought that counts"... but it's just so embarrassing showing up for Christmas where EVERYONE has gotten you something, and you are empty handed. I can't bare to do that again. So, I have been scanning Pinterest for candy ideas, but I just don't feel like that's good enough. So, needless to say, I'm not even wanting to put up a tree.

I guess another reason is, my husband doesn't seem to care. I want a new tree. Actually, I have wanted a NEW tree for the last 3 years, and each year I get "I promise next year...". I'm NOT putting up that dinky little Christmas tree AGAIN.

BAH HUMBUG

I found this sweet box of new Christmas ornaments for this year. Ya see, every year, we get new ornaments AFTER Christmas, well, FOR Christmas, which means the ornaments are new for the following year. I thought that would excite me, but instead, it just gave me some good photos. Observe:












What do you think? These were edited in Light Room. I would really like some constructive criticism :-)

So, even though I'm still not in the Christmas mood.. who knows? Maybe I will get there. On the other hand, I could skip Christmas this year... hmm...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the ornaments!!! Im not really in the mood for it either cause the mere thought of loosing my dad makes me angry and hate everything. I might cheer up about it later, I might not. I got a tiny tree under my console table, thats it. the table is decorated , butI wont put up a big tree, not interested this year. I know the feeling. btw, people love something you made better cause you took the time to think about them and made it with your own 2 hands. I love making stuff myself. So if you get something sewn, thats why.lol Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice!