11.04.2011

Thank God...

...IT'S FRIDAY!!
So, I worked on this blog ALL DAY yesterday and I just couldn't imagine only updating once a week! So I'll throw in another one today. Just for fun :-) Let's see.. what's interesting. OH YEAH. Yesterday, my husband and I made a trip to Bedford Camera to see if my kit lens on my Nikon D40 was repairable or had to be replaced. We got some sad news... The lens was going to have to be replaced. BUT instead of paying for the 200 dollar kit lens, I decided it was time to upgrade to a better lens. See, next semester, I am going to start taking Photography Classes as my missing electives for my degree. I would *REALLY* like to get into photography as more than just a hobby, but I don't know much about it other than pointing and shooting. I'm SURE there must be more than that! I would *LOVE* to photograph infants, babies, and preggos. There is something so naturally beautiful about mother and child.. Oh, and lets not forget those sweet, squishy little newborns! Oh, how fun it would be to capture those precious moments...

*ahem* I went off on a tangent and lost track. Back to my story! I bought a 55-200mm f/4.0 lens to replace my kit lens.

 
Now, this lens took BEAUTIFUL pictures.. and it was a zoom lens... but it just wasn't meant to be. I needed a little closer and a little quicker. MUCH quicker. Plus, I like Bokeh a LOT. So, I exchanged it for this lens:


The MIGHTY NIFTY FIFTY! a 50mm f/1.8 lens. OOOOH HOW I LOVE! Or rather.. I will love it, when it comes in on the 20th of this month! *sigh*

Just 16 more days..

1 comment:

  1. YAY for new lenses! Aren't they fun?! :D Congrats! I can't wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice!