12.02.2011

It's beginning to look a lot like burlap

So, I wasn't getting excited about Christmas. In fact, I was SO unexcited about Christmas, that I didn't even want to put up a tree. Fortunately, I am out of that. (see what I mean about blogging? It always helps to vent). Why the sudden change? Well, I was staring at my blog and I decided I'm in love with the burlap background. So in love with BURLAP that I decided to decorate my entire christmas decor in burlap. I'm going to make every bit of it. I better get started NOW but, I think I can do it. Here's a quick checklist:
  • Burlap Wreath for front door
  • Burlap Wreath for front window (indoor)
  • Burlap Christmas trees for my two end tables
  • Burlap inspired Garland
  • Burlap ribbon for my tree
  • Burla tree skirt
  • Burlap runner for my table
  • Random burlap inspired ornaments
  • Burlap, Burlap, and more Burlap
See, I'm tired of traditional reds and greens and golds. I want a neutral themed Christmas. If I have to make every decoration in this house, I will make it happen.

I also am thinking about inviting the in-laws for Christmas. I want to have MY family at MY house eating MY food this year. Is that too much to ask?

Side note, I'm not putting up my inspiration photos because I don't want any of my friends to steal my idea (although I'm SURE most of them have already decorated.) So, pics of MY house to come soon... stand by!

2 comments:

  1. That will be AWSOME! its called rustic Christmas. If you remedmber, I did it in plaid one year. I have a bronzy rustic theme goin on. I have a wine colored ribbon around my tree and white lights. no ornaments cept the ones yall made when yall were little, and I havent even gotten them on there yet. Glad your getting into it. Cant wait to see the pics. OH and the fabric store I go to has burlap, If you need some, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures! This is exciting!
    Let me just add: I still haven't put up a tree and I don't know that I even want to AND I have kids...bad mommy...;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice!