12.30.2011

New Crochet addiction!

It's true, I'm definitely hooked on this addiction! I love it... my fingers? Not so much! But they'll get used to it! Learning to Crochet? That was fairly simple. It took me about 5 hours to have it down, and I decided I wanted to jump all the way in and do a more complex creation than your standard scarf like most newbies do ;)

So I did a quick search and found the most perfect thing! Remember how I said I wanted to get into baby and newborn photography? Well, I decided I could make a little beanie to use as  a prop! And I'm pretty big into owls, so I found this adorable little pattern at RAKJ Patterns:

**THIS IMAGE IS COPYRIGHTED TO RAKJ PATTERNS**

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE BEYOND BELIEF? Um.. yeah! I have already made plans to do my first child's nursery in Owls (boy or girl.. owls are pretty gender neutral!) and when I saw this, my heart kind of melted since we will be trying fairly soon for a baby! *ahem* anyway, I knew I HAD to make this, so I ran to Hobby Lobby and gathered my supplies. 2 days and 439432947324 stitches later:


Okay, mine's totally not AS good as theirs, but I like that it looks kind of wonky ;) I cried after I was done though. No, not tears of joy, not really tears of happiness either.. more like tears at the thought of how adorable my baby boy will look in this! I love it so much, I want it to be the first thing he wears after he squeezes his little cheeks out! 

So, what's next on my agenda? LEARNING TO KNIT! And possibly  DEFINITELY more Crocheting! Think this looks hard? This was my first time lifting a crochet needle. You can do it! RUN OVER TO HER ETSY STORE NOW! and get the pattern! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!